Learning Management System (LMS)
A learning management system, or LMS for short, is a software application that manages and facilitates all aspects of a company’s various training efforts. It’s where you create, store, manage, and deliver training content, such as courses, videos, and audio files among many others.
The software is used by companies to develop, deliver, and track training for their employees, clients, and partners. Aside from housing, managing, and delivering training content, an LMS can perform other functions such as onboarding, tracking learner progress, skills development, and gamification.
There are many benefits and advantages to both businesses and their learners when implementing an LMS.
- Reduce learning and development costs
- Cut down training/onboarding time for employees, customers, and partners
- Leverage AI to free up time for L&D administrators
- Maintain compliance
- Track learner progress
- Measure how learning impacts organizational performance
Top benefits for learners
- Increase knowledge retention
- Acquire skills and knowledge required for career advancement
- Improve performance